When you’re looking for maximum juiciness in meat you use your Instant Pot or Power Pressure Cooker XL, and though I’ve only had mine about a year, it has gotten a ton of use. I love to use it to make whole roasted chickens, but sometimes you need sliced or chopped chicken for a recipe. On those occasions this is the chicken I usually turn to.
Pressure Cooker Chicken Breasts
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 chicken breasts
1 Tbsp granulated garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
1/2 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp thyme
1 Tbsp sea salt
1 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper
1 cup chicken stock
- Combine spices and set aside.
- Preheat the saute function on the electric pressure cooker at the highest setting, adding oil to the pot.
- Season the chicken and brown in your pressure cooker 2 at a time, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- When all the chicken is browned place it in the pot and add the chicken stock.
- Lock the lid and cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Allow chicken to naturally release for 5 minutes, and then quick release.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and allow to rest for about 5 minutes.
Note: These instructions are based on using an electric Power Pressure Cooker XL, so buttons and times may vary slightly when using a different brand. Do not use an old fashioned pressure cooker for this recipe.