Birthdays are a big deal in our home. The girls wake up to balloons on the floor of their bedroom and a curtain of streamers hanging over the door. It’s fun, colorful, exciting, and really sets the mood for the day. You know what else is all those things? Pancakes. Confetti pancakes! Each birthday we indulge in a stack of festive and cheerful confetti pancakes. They taste like cake! They’re certainly an indulgence but birthdays are all about indulgence.
Confetti Birthday Pancakes
Yield: approximately 20 pancakes
1 box Pillsbury Funfettie cake mix
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup canola oil
2 1/3 cups milk
1/2 cup sprinkles
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cake mix. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the oil eggs and milk.
- Add the wet ingredients in to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Fold in sprinkles.
- Heat a griddle to about 250 degrees F and spray with cooking spray.
- Ladle the pancake batter onto the hot pan and cook the pancakes until bubbles form in the batter. Flip the pancake and cook for an additional minute or until cooked through.
The pancakes are so sweet on their own that we don’t add any syrup. We typically serve with a strawberry fruit compote or strawberry or cherry yogurt.