RSS Feed

A little more work

20120613-181557.jpg

Okay, so I’m not too skilled at making even levels I guess. *grin* I’m letting the soap set awhile longer, but wanted to show the un-molded result. I think that the “seeds” look pretty good, although I need to scatter them a bit better and round the edges, since the squares are admittedly odd. It’ll make a decent little sample or thank you gift, I suppose, until I improve. I love how the “rind” turned out though, and the edges look kind of translucent, like edges of real watermelon. I’m sure that once I cut the middle slices won’t be nearly as bad as the end. Lol. I made a vow to post about my failures as much as my successes, despite how embarrassing they are, so there you are. It could have gone a LOT worse for a first try though.

2 responses »

  1. I think they look pretty good. I agree that rounding the edges would make the ‘seeds’ more realistic, and it’s too bad you don’t have a semi-circle mold so they would look like slices, but really they look pretty good.

    Like

    Reply

Please share your thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: